Your Wedding Day!



As you walk the aisle veil down but lovers’ eyes on him

The thought of jealous deeds they fill me to the brim

The site of your wondrous smile brings me regret upon the wind

Green eyed actions I wish I could act upon a whim

But I am held back the sorrowful song that my heart continues to sing

I regret on this you’re wedding day “that one” promise made

Is the one that breaks for he stands in my place?

In front of family, friends, pastor, and worst of all

Before you his future wife face to face

All the fine things in life, without you my heart negates

I wish to open my mouth interrupt this ceremony and to you my love proclaim.....

But sadly its salt I taste as self-conscious tears migrate down my face

For I know that on this day it’s his not my last name you will take

I wish to approach you cross the road of indecisiveness but buoyancy I lack

In this state I cannot, for I would know not what to say, know not what to do,

Know not if you would recognize even your former boo.

You witness the gaze on my face; I’ve fallen far from your grace

When you left you also left a clear vacant space

This was first place in my life, and I’m now overflowing with strife

The strongest of blights, this time with no cures in sight

This mystery I want to solve, begging to buy a vowel

So that I may find the reason you stand there reciting vows

Not with me but with him, the light of my life no so dim

Watching you except that ring is no doubt the same

As watching someone walk away with my bodies’ limb

Simply with this I lose my heart, you on the other hand remove me as a precedent

The rest of your life you start, truly I was less than you needed my place... the friend

But with all this strife at this time I still smile because you my love on

This you’re wedding day............... You Smile!



The Black Star



© 2009 Andre brown



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words from Drae - 2

Mr. Terrific

Just The Beginning!