Casting Call!


I’m deaf, I'm blind, I’m mute, and I’m lame
The world keeps changing, but my heart stays the same
Really and truly I’m tired of playing this game
Been called so much things can’t remember my name
Let’s slow down this movie called my life
Let’s take our time, let’s get it right
Am I scared you ask, for sure dam right?
All alone walking this dark path at night!

Before the ending credits roll,
Ill edit these last frames change the story told
Straiten out these creases, fix theses pages
Ill rewrite all this shit so I got to make it
Or is it to late, has my curtain been cast
If so what a shame I guess my dream didn’t last
Took my time and I rose to the top
Now I’m falling so fast see ground but can’t stop

No I refuse to accept this script
Have angels speaking in my ears they giving me hints
I take a spiritual walk all by myself
Bring my heart and mind together and let them melt
Now I’m sure of what I want new cards I’m dealt
Take my focus of these haters out it on myself
So I got time, some space, it let me get to think
It wasn’t easy seen the answer
When I got to the brink

Now I got some ideas my minds running wild
I got to sub some friends put others on trail
You see my so called friends filled my back with knives
But now I aint deaf, mute, lame or blind
I see clearly now the truth is burning my eyes
They had hater’s intent covered by friendships smile
Its cool I played the fool while they were getting mine
Clock strikes twelve it’s a brand new time
God help them now clear is my mind
Such focus in my eyes back on my grind

New movie in the works got over my hurt
My heart so full with love busting out my shirt
Got love for my friends that kept me on my track
Even love for those haters trying to pull me back
Crabs in the bucket trying to pull me down
Want to clip my wings keep me on the ground
They can’t imagine me high; they want to see me fall
Because there’s no role for haters In my casting call!

The Black Star
© 2009 Andre brown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words from Drae - 2

Mr. Terrific

Just The Beginning!