Vision (Edition 1)

Vision (Edition 1)

When you look at me, please tell me what you see

Do you see nothing more than a Nigga on the streets

A bastard with no father cause he left when I was 3

A black kid with wrong role models because I watch BET

You think I follow rappers, putting gold in my teeth

Putting “Nike’s” on my feet, selling weed on the street

Saying “Yo” when I speak, no no no don’t stereotype me!

Don’t look right at me and say that’s all that you see

I’m begging you please I need you to believe I need you to see

See that my past, present, and future aren’t influenced by T.V.

That I wont be found dead lying cold on the street.

Tell me why do you adults find it so hard to believe?

That I could be the next Cochrine, Jesse Jackson, or Rev Luther king

So please everybody the truths a simple thing

with good on my side I can be anything





The Black Star



© 2004 Andre brown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words from Drae - 2

Mr. Terrific

Just The Beginning!